With the start of fall it's a good time to take sometime alone and reflect on where you are in your relationship with Christ and if you are feeling connected or disconnected in your relationship. I think we all can find room to grow closer to Christ and have a deeper relationship with Him daily even if upon your reflection you find yourself one of the lucky few that think everything is fine. So if you are wondering how do I draw closer to Christ and regain that connection I had back earlier this year? Hear our some tips to help reconnect.
- First and most important of all pray and start talking again with Christ, confessing your sins and asking forgiveness for them. Ask for a renewed spirit of faith and love and lifestyle to live for Him and only Him.
- Find time everyday to pray and read your bible. If at all possible first thing in the morning. SO you can stay focused on what you read through out the day. Stay grounded in His word. This will help you stay focused on Christ and what He is doing through you.
- Many churches during summer scale back their programs but in fall they pick those activities back up again. Find yourself a good solid bible believing church and get you and your family involved. Get involved in regular Worship services, bible studies, kids programs and do some serving too.
- Keep a journal of your daily thoughts, prays and things that you feel are worth writing about. I personally write my prayers, thoughts that bother me, praise, etc what ever is on my mind at the time I think I need to discuss with the Lord.
- If you have a good Christian friend or a Pastor get yourself an accountability partner that you can trust to keep in a routine.
- Find some good solidly grounded Christ centered, not the Shack, books to read. Limit the TV intact and spend your time wisely. What ever time you may have alone in communication with the Lord.
Remember these are just what they are tips not a formula for a quick reconnect with Christ. Our Father does the drawing of us to Him, John 6:44. So remember that when you are praying and ask Him to draw you to Him and His Son. We have all at one time or another have felt that we have disconnected with Christ because we have let our worldly lusts get in the way. Thankfully we have a merciful and forgiving Father that has given His Children His only Son to accept us back when we his elect have strayed from His presents.