Love Win's only if you are a Believer. God's Wrath wins for everyone else.
So the question comes down to this does God hate anyone?............... The answer is Yes! This is contrary to what Mr. Bell preaches in 'Love Wins'.
Lets take a deeper look at this bold and harsh statement I just made that contradicts what love wins promotes. To do this we are going to take a look at several verses.
- Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"
- Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
- Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."
- Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."
- Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there!Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."
After looking at those verse I bet you are thinking that they where hard to read? I bet they are even making you feel uncomfortable? They should, for God hates sin. But, He does not punish sin. He punishes the sinner. Sin cannot be punished or tied up and thrown into a fire. It's rebellion and that of the worst kind of the heart. Sin is breaking God's Law and it occurs inside the heart and mind of people. So the logical conclusion is that God must punish the sinner. You may be asking Why? The answer to this is simple He is both Holy and Just. So the person who sins has offended God. God's Holy and Just character will not allow Him to ignore this offense and the sinner must be punished.
Remember God also must punish the sinner because God's law is perfect. The Law is a reflection of God's character. It is pure and perfect.To sin is to break God's Law and offend His character.
We can praise God though we are all sinners, God sent His only Son to die for us.(Rom. 5:6). There is no way we can appease God. That is why God became one of us (John 1:1,14; Heb. 2:17), to take our place and become sin on our behalf (2 Cor. 5:21).
It comes down to this either Jesus pays for your sins - or YOU will for eternity. You do not get a second chance as Rob Bell is trying to sell. It's now or never to put another way.
In conclusion we can see that God can both love and hate. To say He can do only one is committing the logical fallacy of a false dilemma ~ saying there is only one option when there may be more. So when preachers like Rob Bell preach "love wins" remember love only wins if you are a believing and trusting in Christ as your Savior. If you are trusting that you will get a second chance after this life to see God's mercy you will find your self at the receiving end of His Wrath not His Love.